Lifeguard Training Class (New)
CLASS IS CLOSED
The Brighton Green Community Association will be hosting an American Red Cross lifeguard certification class at the Brighton Green Community Center & Pool.
- Classes will be held on May 13, 14, 15, 16 each day from 4pm-8pm (Mon-Thur) and on May 18 (Sat) from 8am-12pm with a rain date the afternoon of the 18th from 12pm-6pm.
- They will cover all the fundamental training requirements to work as a lifeguard, including lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and AED use.
- All certifications are good for two years.
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age (bring proof of age to first class), able to complete a 300~meter swim, tread water for 2 minutes using legs only, and retrieve and carry a 10~pound brick for 20 meters in 1 min, 40 sec.
This is a blended learning class. Prior to your start on May 13 there are 7 hours of online training required which will be sent to you when you sign up.
Once complete, you will have all the necessary training to work as a lifeguard for the Brighton Green Community Association. Cost is $200.00 for BG members and $225.00 for non~members.
Class minimum: 4 people
* indicates a required field